LIKE BLUE APRON BUT HEALTHIER AND ALREADY COOKED
So maybe you’ve been wondering what other tricks we’ve been hiding up our sleeves since we started our 21 day plant-based food challenge 18 days ago. THat’s right! We’re on our 18th day and I’ve beat the tired feeling that haunted me for about 14 whole days. I guess I had a lot of things my body was trying to get rid of. And so far my waist has gotten smaller (haven’t actually checked the scale).
We were so excited to be able to do a review for Veestro. I had already heard buzz around the webs about this company, and their variety of premade plant-based meals, and working with them actually inspired our 21 day challenge. <–Little fun fact. The first meal I tasted from them shocked me, because it was spectacularly yummy. I knew I’d have some fun recipes from them to supplement my own cooking, and that’s exactly why I loved this product. I love to cook most of my own meals, but sometimes (especially when I first started adjusting to the diet) I’m tired or too busy to cook something that’s actually sit-down-at-the-table worthy. Veestro added a little spice to my plant-based life. 🙂
Here are the recipes I ordered:
- Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce (4 stars)
- Eggplant Casserole (5 stars-definitely heat this one in the oven though. It was very filling)
- Red Curry with Tofu and Veggies (3.5 stars- Eric said it wasn’t very filling and it was a bit too soupy but the flavors were there)
- Raspberry Tofu Cheesecake (AMAZING! 5-stars)
- Cleansing Tonic (5 stars)
- Spring into Action Juice (5 stars) <–just because they made me feel fabulous.
Each recipe was surprisingly flavorful I really enjoyed them all more than I thought I would–I usually have preconceptions about pre packaged frozen foods. Also, everything was insanely low in calories It’s a weightloss program, but I just used it to supplement my meals, but STILL the fact that the dishes were so good for you and still flavorful AND low in calories, was impressive. ONe thing though, the food on the website looks 20X better than when you pull it out of the package. But we all know, it’s what’s on the inside that counts 🙂
- Follow the recommended instructions on the package when preparing the food. It matters.
Here are a few pictures we took along the way.
Red Curry with Tofu and Veggies
Raspberry Tofu Cheesecake
Be sure to visit their site here for more meals!