AN ECO-FRIENDLY LUNCHBOX
I was sent a complimentary PlanetBox-Launch in exchange for an honest review of the product. Visit their website, to see the other lunchbox options and accessories!
The Launch comes with 3 compartments built into the lunchbox, a sealable glass container(with a plastic cover that wraps firmly around the edges of the glass, a small, leak-proof container which I assume is for dressings, and a carrying case just big enough to slide the lunchbox into and hang it over your shoulder. And who could forget those adorable magnets that press perfectly into the inside face of the lunchbox for an extra burst of color?!?
A few points about this product. (Overall I give this lovely box a 3.5 out of 5 stars)
- Saves Money– Going to work, I can easily spend 20 bucks from morning to 5pm if I don’t have a good plan set in place. That $5 soy green tea latte + my $3 chocolate bar for mid day snack. A 7 dollar salad from the salad bar, and then good gracious, what for dinner? Obviously having a lunchbox, with built in meal compartments helps me out a little bit. I’m forced to think of ways to creatively fill those holes in the box and in turn fill the meal gaps in my day.
- Is customizable – Did I mention the fun, decorative magnets that come with the kit yet?? These things would drive a kid (or a big kid like me) crazy with happiness (and it did) I personally love the graffiti magnets 🙂
- Helps you pack balanced meals – I have a problem with overeating simple things, especially when it comes to sweets. But the small compartments help me portion things out really easily. Also it helps me get creative with the variety of things I pack. It’s almost hard not to get a colorful and healthy spread into your lunchbox by the time you’re done filling it up.
- Makes packed lunch way more exciting – I don’t know about the rest of the world. but eating out of this container made me so excited to eat my regular, everyday food. It became such an exciting event, I wanted to make a scene every time I pulled a piece of fruit out.
- Is eco-friendly– Something that I felt was very intriguing from the get-go. Eliminate ALL plastics bags and paper baggies, and throw this guy directly into the dishwasher when you’re done using it. It’s insanely durable and you don’t need to wreck the environment every single time you want to pack a pb&j.
- Except it’s Hard to clean- Speaking of dishwasher-friendly, if you don’t have a dishwasher, like me, the reverse, unfortunately becomes the case. My tiny compartments got sticky from the fruit juice and the box became slightly awkward to scrub clean.
- Is very heavy to carry– Carrying this can be a bit of a challenge. Without food, the container is pretty heavy–After adding the food, the straps on the bag can start cutting into your shoulders (I exaggerate a little), but at times I wished I could put the container away in my backpack or something just to give my arms a break. For someone who drives to an office and works in one single spot without much back and forth, this won’t be an issue for you, but for me, a gal, living in the city, as a student who uses the train and my feet to get everywhere, it became a hassle lugging this around to all places I wanted to make sure I had food.
- And it’s difficult to pack some things (due to leaks, tall food or food not shaped like the spaces provided) – I can see how some things might just have to wait to be eaten when you get home with this case. It’s great for salads, cut fruit, cut veggies, sliced-sandwich-bread sandwiches and last-night’s meal like stews with rice that are spooned into the glass container, but uncut fruit is a no no(too tall), and anything that may leak, don’t do it-not unless it’s going into the glass container.
All in all this is my favorite lunchbox EVER! The only reason why I didn’t give it the full 5 stars is because I wish it were more convenient to carry around, and that one issue makes me less willing to carry the entire thing with me everywhere I walk to. (I find myself packing just the glass container to work) But hey, they can’t save all world problems on the planet, can they?
Check out the lunchbox, and get yours here !!