AN ELEVATED CLASSIC!
Makes 6 servings:
- 36-45 mini vanilla wafers
- 1 package of vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of very cold milk – Or whatever the pudding package calls for ( I used 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream (or for convenience you can use 1/2 container of cool-whip)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix the vanilla pudding according to the package instructions (My package told me to mix in 2 cups of milk with an electric mixer until it thickened) Once the package is mixed, gently whisk in the pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl (preferably metal), pour in the whipping cream, and beat it with the electric mixture until soft peaks form. (Or again, just use store bought whipped cream)
- In a another bowl, lightly crush the wafers with your hands.
- Assemble the different elements together beginning with a layer of wafers, followed by a layer of the sliced bananas, then the pumpkin pudding, and finally the whipped cream.
Continue this process until the cups overfloweth alternating pumpkin pudding with a little whipped cream, then crushed wafers, then bananas and so on.
Of course you can do this is a large trifle bowl, and skip the individual servings cups altogether, however it’s just SO so pretty this way!
You can make this dessert up to a day in advance. But if you want to keep crunchier cookies, keep everything refrigerated with plastic wrap and don’t assemble the parfaits until a half an hour or so before you’re about to serve them.